How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Quote: I can attest to the damage the fire did to T even more than loosing the birds
the icky carpet is out of my room and the second part of the hallway I never
knew how many staples are used putting the pad down
rant.gif

I do always have the red bulb in the main coop and a white one in fall and winter
hide.gif

Several of my hens are looking pretty rough now and not laying, the weather has started to change so they're molting now... I have 3 pullets and 1 roo in the shed until they're big enough to mix in with my hens.. I'm hoping to let them co-mingle within the next week or so loose in my backyard. They are almost 3 months old.. Mix of breeds, a buff polish created, bantam white created black polish, a bantam Mille de fleur d'Uccle, and a white Cochin roo (who is already almost as big as my adult hens!) I have only 6 hens in my adult flock and am worried about the upcoming NJ winter. I was hoping adding to flock would add more body heat into the coup.. Any advice on cold winters as well as co-mingling them? Also, are they done laying eggs til Spring? I used to get 3-6 eggs a day when it was warm and longer days but I only got one this week and today I noticed the molting.. I really have to clean the coup out. It's like a box of feathers!

Several of my hens are looking pretty rough now and not laying, the weather has started to change so they're molting now... I have 3 pullets and 1 roo in the shed until they're big enough to mix in with my hens.. I'm hoping to let them co-mingle within the next week or so loose in my backyard. They are almost 3 months old.. Mix of breeds, a buff polish created, bantam white created black polish, a bantam Mille de fleur d'Uccle, and a white Cochin roo (who is already almost as big as my adult hens!) I have only 6 hens in my adult flock and am worried about the upcoming NJ winter. I was hoping adding to flock would add more body heat into the coup.. Any advice on cold winters as well as co-mingling them? Also, are they done laying eggs til Spring? I used to get 3-6 eggs a day when it was warm and longer days but I only got one this week and today I noticed the molting.. I really have to clean the coup out. It's like a box of feathers!
what size coop do you have? do you have a light in it now?
birds do not lay in molt but mine do all year although I have no
bantam breeds

You are probably like, the only one that has ever said that I know what I'm doing...:gig
I'm gonna take this and run with it! :p    :highfive:
I'm also going to show both my hubby and my son so they can realize how amazing I am! :woot
(I'm so joking..so not amazing.  It'll a give the guys a good laugh, though.) :D

I cantotally understand how that could change your feelings about heat lamps.

Go ahead. Use it to your little hearts content. Remember though... I ONLY refer to you knowing more about protecting your chicks from heat lamp induced fires. No more than that
1f61d.png

I can attest to the damage the fire did to T even more than loosing the birds
the icky carpet is out of my room and the second part of the hallway I never
knew how many staples are used putting the pad down:rant
I do always have the red bulb in the main coop and a white one in fall and winter :oops:

I'm sorry yours was inside. Thank God we had just moved them outside the week before but I still see signs of that fire. The tree that was above it is dead on a limb. The ground still smells when we stir it up and my coop is STILL NOT REBUILT!!!
1f62d.png

Just 1 today. I have 3 pullets turning 20 weeks tomorrow, hoping they'll start laying soon, as well as hoping the others finish molting soon

I had not been out in awhile so found 4 to go with my earlier 6 making10 but broke one in my pocket of 18 + 7
soon to be three

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom