How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Gander, sorry this hear is getting to you and your girls I hippie things cool down soon.

8 of 12 one trying to go broody. Hubby talked to a friend at work and apparently ameraucana's/EE can be temperamental about laying especially if it's too hot or too cold. Sucks for me but at least 2 of the 5 are laying.

Getting a mommy-daddy date tomorrow over night. We'll be gone about 24 hours give or take. It will be a nice brake but I had to find a kid sitter a dog sitter, and I'm prepping for the cats and chickens to be on their own. Filled the feed, filled the water (need to check both in the morning) put about an inch of water in a kiddy pool in the run. I'm debating if I want to just let the chickens free range while we are gone but I worry about the big pool and the fact we have a small section on the back fence they could possibly jump. They should be OK they have a large run.

Gander, sorry this hear is getting to you and your girls I hippie things cool down soon.

8 of 12 one trying to go broody. Hubby talked to a friend at work and apparently ameraucana's/EE can be temperamental about laying especially if it's too hot or too cold. Sucks for me but at least 2 of the 5 are laying.

Getting a mommy-daddy date tomorrow over night. We'll be gone about 24 hours give or take. It will be a nice brake but I had to find a kid sitter a dog sitter, and I'm prepping for the cats and chickens to be on their own. Filled the feed, filled the water (need to check both in the morning) put about an inch of water in a kiddy pool in the run. I'm debating if I want to just let the chickens free range while we are gone but I worry about the big pool and the fact we have a small section on the back fence they could possibly jump. They should be OK they have a large run.
enjoy the time alone make the most of it

How red do they get before they lay eggs? Golden Comets are the ones who are getting quite red in the face; we have 5 and the larger 2 have deepest red. 4 are 13 weeks old now. Is there any other visible signs it's soon and to look for? Other than the squatting. I haven't changed to Layer feed yet and won't till 16 wks.

Mamatink, you asked the other day so I wanted to show you. Both of these barrels are laying, they are young layers but still. As you can hopefully see by the picture they both currently carry a different shades of red in their combs

Yes one has been laying a few weeks longer then the other but other then that is just different shades of red.

Mamatink, you asked the other day so I wanted to show you. Both of these barrels are laying, they are young layers but still. As you can hopefully see by the picture they both currently carry a different shades of red in their combs

Yes one has been laying a few weeks longer then the other but other then that is just different shades of red.
I can see the difference yes, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom