How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

So I know they aren't great pictures but they are what I have food now. The one that's making the honk sound is the one with the caramel head and darker body. But if you think you see any others let's me know. They are about 10 almost 11 weeks now. Though the pictures muggy be 8-9 weeks

So here are 2 pictures I just took. I will have had the chicks 11 weeks this Wednesday. I believe they were originally wing sexed so possibly a few days to a week old when the feed store got them. They did assure us they order only female (minus 10% chance of error) and to date (don't remember how long they said they had been ordering for the same hatchery) they have not had a rooster come back or been notified of a rooster from the bunch.

Now the pointy heckle feathers for males sorta gets me becuase gets like one of my laying hens look pointy due to the color pattern. I couldn't get a better picture right now but they have a light outer edge that rounds out the feathers

I am at my 5/5 now with 18 barred pullets, 3 easter eggers pullets, 4 olive eggers pullets
only 5 barred's old enough to lay

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom