How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

0. Two broody, two recovering from being broody, and a stupid Polish who stops laying when everyone else does...
he.gif

I don't know if you can make out the dates on the cartons, but they start at 8/14 and end up at 8/24. Each carton is full. I have some customers who buy by the dozen, and a couple who buy by the 18 pack. One customer wants only extra large to jumbo and up, and given the age of the pullets out there those takes a few days to accumulate. If you are mathematically curious, that's 150 cartoned eggs. With an additional 21 in the basket - one overflow from the 24th and the other 20 from today - makes a grand total of 171 eggs in my fridge. Cindi will pick hers up after Kendra's physical therapy tomorrow so that gets 2 dozen out. John always buys 2 18 packs but he won't be back from vacation until Thursday or Friday. Jan got hers this afternoon - an 18 pack for her and two dozen for her daughter. The carton marked 8/14 is for our use - I usually don't sell any that old. Sounds like I'm whittling it down, but by the time those eggs leave more will have taken their place. I need to get my sign back up on the bulletin board downtown!

How did this happen? I wanted 5 or 6 chickens for us.
he.gif
lau.gif

I don't know if you can make out the dates on the cartons, but they start at 8/14 and end up at 8/24. Each carton is full. I have some customers who buy by the dozen, and a couple who buy by the 18 pack. One customer wants only extra large to jumbo and up, and given the age of the pullets out there those takes a few days to accumulate. If you are mathematically curious, that's 150 cartoned eggs. With an additional 21 in the basket - one overflow from the 24th and the other 20 from today - makes a grand total of 171 eggs in my fridge. Cindi will pick hers up after Kendra's physical therapy tomorrow so that gets 2 dozen out. John always buys 2 18 packs but he won't be back from vacation until Thursday or Friday. Jan got hers this afternoon - an 18 pack for her and two dozen for her daughter. The carton marked 8/14 is for our use - I usually don't sell any that old. Sounds like I'm whittling it down, but by the time those eggs leave more will have taken their place. I need to get my sign back up on the bulletin board downtown!

How did this happen? I wanted 5 or 6 chickens for us.
he.gif
lau.gif
ep.gif
Okay, I must say, that is ALOT of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom