How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

My RIRs girls were 4-6months when I bought them. My sis in law next door got eggs from a few from same batch the first week and mine took 3 more weeks longer. I moved them to a sunnier spot and I think it helped
smile.png

Sad day. My hope is gone, looks like I will still be waiting some months. Oh well, we're building our collection of egg cartons while we keep going through a couple dozen eggs a week from the store.

6/6 again today. My husband has finally agreed to let me set 18 eggs in our new incubator but I almost wish he hadn't. He only said yes to take my mind off the death of my uncle this morning. It hurts but he guesses that researching proper ways to raise meat birds, feeding and then butchering them will give me something to do instead of mourn. Guess he's right. I'm tending 4 chicks in a brooder already plus 6 outside with the momma but they are already accounted for. These will give me the chance to let my daughter record the process for a summer project. She's 7 and thinks she's 20.... Loves science and how things work and grow.

Back
Top Bottom