How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Quote: The local chickens here are called native, I dont know if they have another name but I would think so, maybe Oz will know. I will be getting a white leghorn rooster mid April the plan is to mate it with the native hens and and then mate the native rooster with the white leghorns. I plan to get a few broilers later for meat maybe I will single a couple out and experiment with them.

6 consecutive days 18/23 and on the 7th day 20/23 how good is that
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

15/20/22 But one was a thin shelled dropped from the roost. Probably a new layer! Went to Rural King for feed and stuff. Came home with these: Five ISA Browns and three Easter eggers, described as "Araucana (Ameraucana-type). :)
:love I asked my husband what he would do if I brought more home.... He said cook them.... That's ok. He and his two brothers rescued a litter of 8 puppies at the camp last week.... What's the diff? Granted his brother is keeping them but my hubbies thinking of a name for one... What's that tell you.... Oh and another dozen for a 2 day count

Wow Karen it sounds like you got a rogue batch of Leghorns! Which hatchery did they come out of? I had 16 of them from Dunlap Hatchery in Idaho. They are all really sweet, but they can fly off, so, I cut all the flight wings of the ones I kept of that 16 so they couldn't take off just to be safe.

I can't believe one was actually killed by the others....WOW!!!! That must have been a tough day for you.
sad.png

None of mine pick on each other or anything. I've never heard of such a level of aggression in a White Leghorns.

How old are they now? If they are at least 3 weeks old, their true gender should be determinable.

I just pulled out my calendar because I couldn't remember exactly when I bought them. It turns out that I bought them about 9 weeks ago. Only 1 of them is still alive. I bought them at Buchheit's ( a local farm & home store). I believe they got them from Ideal Poultry. The one that is left hasn't been picking on the Black Astrolorp like the rest had been.

Back
Top Bottom