How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have two hens that are a year old and collected two eggs from them and I have seven pullets w/three of them laying at 19 wks and collected three eggs from them so a total of five from five layers. My two R. I. Reds were the first pullets to start laying - they were only 17 wks. old. The next is a Wheaten Ameraucana at 18 wks. I am waiting for two Black Austrolorps, one French Maran and one Ameraucana that is a pretty ginger color.

5 Chicken egg's today
roll.png

And it was only 110 F degrees when I took the kids down tis evening to watch the fire works ad not a bad job this year I guess the court pulled in a good amount this year......

6 eggs yesterday out of 8 hens. One is broody, and our awesome splash Marans took a much deserved day off.

The best news is that our red sex-link hen is back to laying again. Exactly a month ago she was egg bound and stopped laying. She's been laying an egg with no shell once a week since then. For the last two days she's laid an egg with a shell, although it was too thin to save and the eggs broke as soon as she stepped on them. She's also been doing her egg song, so I'm very happy that she's feeling good again.
celebrate.gif

Our huge RIR pullet will be 15 weeks on Monday. She already weighs over 4 pounds and has a red comb and face. It is very hard to tell her apart from the older hens at this point. It won't be long before she's ready to lay. So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom