How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

That blue one is beautiful, not that the rest would be any less pretty. The one closest to the lens has a interesting tint to it too.

Thank you! The lighting was a little weird. It's hard to capture the blue sometimes it appears grey or greenish. I don't know why the super blue one is so dark. I've never had one that color before! They are usually all the pale blue color. Sometimes white -ish this pic is the same eggs, same day.

Thank you! The lighting was a little weird. It's hard to capture the blue sometimes it appears grey or greenish. I don't know why the super blue one is so dark. I've never had one that color before! They are usually all the pale blue color. Sometimes white -ish this pic is the same eggs, same day.

The pale blue one's looked white in the first one, just bad lighting in it maybe. Those really are some lovely colors, I'm hoping one of ours lays olive eggs once she starts.

I got 3 little turquiose eggs today EEs 100% and one extra large tan one, Rock, a rubber egg and a naked egg. so might the one that hasn't done anything finish off the day, should be something from one of the NH Reds. if they get to laying good eggs do they goof again with an incomplete one?

How do you keep your girls cool in those temperatures?
i give them plenty of cool fresh water, they are on the shady side of the barn for the afternoon and the coop and yard area has shade and a good breeze and at 3pm in the afternoon if they are panting and holding their wings out hot I throw them frozen ears of corn sometimes.

Quote:

Plenty of water in several locations and I get blankets from the seconded hand store and put them on the ground and I get the m wet in the morning and the chickens sit on them in the heat of the day and no corn in the summer very important and all feed in soaked in water for several days also they get under the sheds and dust themselves but the wet blanket seems to be very comfortable to them also I put ice in the drinking water just before noon so this also helps ........

I add Electrolyte and Apple Cider Vinegar to the water at least 3 times a week and when it is over 120+ F every day and they really drink the water then ........

This 14 week old pullet has 23 chicks right now outside in the
heat and not loosing chicks and they run around everywhere ..

These guys are not having much problem but do spend a lot
of time under my truck for shade ....

These chic's are 10 weeks old now and run all over but also
do rest in the shade and behind the feed storage cans ....

It is all lesions learned .........

gander007
old.gif

Watching the movie Chicken Run with my boys and feeling inspired. "Egg production is down ladies, and its time to step it up. Don't make me go all Mrs. Tweedy on your fat feathered fannies!"....LOL Of course I'm kidding. I couldn't eat my girl's if I tried.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom