How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Bruce,

See the pic at the top right of this page showing a lady holding four mega eggs. That'd be ours from our BSLD's I'd guess... They're young and just started laying the first of December but the BSL's lay big brown eggs. I'd say 90% of the eggs we've been getting are extra large to jumbo with a few of these megas thrown in. The others 10% are your run of the mill large eggs. All four of the eggs in the pic were double-yokers. Great layers those BSL(D)'s...

6 today from 11 of laying age. I'm good with a half dozen a day. We are in for some more nasty weather tonite thru tomorrow. The teachers at my job are hoping for a snow day, ill take a 2 hour delay! Trying not to use all those snow days, plus too much snow puts my girls in a funk!

9 from 24 sounds bad i know but it's actually the best I've gotten in a couple months. Girls were moulting so it's a positive sign that they are starting back up again!

Not sure today, but we've been getting 1 or two from 5 hens. And yesterday we got three! Woo!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom