How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

The girls have been doing pretty good so far...just wish that we could get out of the rut of only getting 7 a day at the most...i have 14, they HAVE got to start earning their keep! Their feed bill is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHH
barnie.gif
. They keep us in plenty of eggs and we sell some here and there too. I would like to start selling some hatching eggs...I plan on letting some hatch around April. Then my daughter wants to start her breeding program of silkies and polish. The rest of the fam is going to kill me!! They hate that we have chickens in the first place...but to bad, I LOVE THEM!!
love.gif

7/9 everyday... somebody is going to become friends with a pot of pastry if they don't shape up... already prepping the replacements...

You are getting 7 eggs every day from 9 hens and you are complaining? Even super layer chickens don't lay eggs every day of the year.

2 yesterday
he.gif

5 today, all by 9 AM

At least neither Faverolles spent the day on a nest today. Maybe they've given up on the broody thing and will start putting out eggs again.

The Australorps (18 this month and Zorra didn't start laying until the 3rd) and Easter Eggers (16 this month) are making the other girls look bad.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom