How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Got first egg yesterday and got another one today from three barred rocks. Only one is laying.

I got a big "0" today from fourteen hens.
he.gif

I have no idea.
I brought in 2 eggs. I am absolutely certain now that I have had a human intruder in my coops.
I have 2 latches on EVERY gate and door and today they were all UNDONE.

Finally DH believes me.

somad.gif

For a while now I have suspected it and now I KNOW for sure.
I asked DH "If they are getting into the coops how long until they get into the shed?"

He went right away to get locks for all the doors and gates.

Hi Everyone! kinda fell off the radar for a bit(vacation/busy) glad to see the chicken world revolves without me, LOL.....

Worried about our cold temps of late(0-20 degrees F) girls seem good, moving a bit slower in the snow and cold temps but laying up a storm!! Added a few flakes of straw in run, and finally converted the roosts from 2x2's to 2x4's. Also observe they seem to be eating the 20% layer pellets more than 16% mash of late, and bedtime snacks are sunflower seeds and occational cat food in small ammounts.....

October numbers .........203 eggs in 31 days from 7 pullets or 6.54/day
November numbers..... 196 eggs in 30 days from 7 pullets or 6.53/day
December numbers .... 204 eggs in 31 days from 7 pullets or 6.58/day

Only 1 soft thin shelled unsellable egg from one of our sex linked super layers....unbelievable!!
I think they'd rather be inside than in the snow.......

Last edited:
I have no idea.
I brought in 2 eggs. I am absolutely certain now that I have had a human intruder in my coops.
I have 2 latches on EVERY gate and door and today they were all UNDONE.

Finally DH believes me.

somad.gif

For a while now I have suspected it and now I KNOW for sure.
I asked DH "If they are getting into the coops how long until they get into the shed?"

He went right away to get locks for all the doors and gates.

4/6 here today. We keep ours under lock and key also. We live in a subdivision and there is a creek behind us that the neighborhood kids love to play around, plus I just don't trust people nowadays lol. Hope you'll start seeing many more eggs now that the thief can't get them!

Back
Top Bottom