How do you store your feed/scratch?

I put mine in a Rubbermaid tub out in the barn, with a brick on top so the wildlife can't get a snack. I can fit 50 kg in there, and they go through it fast enough that it doesn't go moldy. ;)

Reinforced with plastic netting and multiple layers of thick paper kept in a waterproof bin so no moisture can accumulate
Not sure what your plastic netting is but sounds like it wouldn't be waterproof being netting. Sounds more like as you stated its for reinforcement rather than waterproof. Layers of paper will just transfer moister.

Not sure what your plastic netting is but sounds like it wouldn't be waterproof being netting. Sounds more like as you stated its for reinforcement rather than waterproof. Layers of paper will just transfer moister.
Since moisture can not get in a waterproof metal bin that I keep it in. It never gets wet.

Being in a waterproof metal can does not stop metal from sweating on the inside of can causing moister/condensation to form on inside of a waterproof can.
And I clean it regularly. It does sometimes but I change bags regularly. Either way nothing ever seems to go mouldy or get wer

Back
Top Bottom