how do I use some of BYC's features?

breanna6627

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
Wisconsin
im not that new to BYC, but i know enough to post and reply.

Q1: those animated emoji things? I have the app as well as mobile/desktop.

Q2: Avatar? I want to change it.

Q3: am I missing anything interesting? Just to make sure

Emoticons are available at the top of the reply field, at least on a desktop. Not all forum features are available on mobile.

The check box to change your avatar is just below the standard avatar in your profile. You can access your profile several ways, including the brown box on the upper right corner of the page. You will need to have another avatar or pic already loaded onto your computer. We'd suggest you look over the FAQ link at the very bottom of the brown footer on any page.

Happy forum-ing!

Well, I'm assuming by post, you mean start a thread.. because you just posted by asking this question. To post, simpily click on forum, find a topic that you want to post in, and click start a new thread. For example if you want to start a thread, meaning that you start a topic that people can comment on you go to the topic that you want, and at the top click "start a new thread." You can see at the top of the BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements it shows start a new thread!

How do I post?
You just did. A post is a reply to an already existing thread. If you want to start a new thread, you would click on the button that is on the top of every forum section that says Start a New Thread. Just go to the particular forum you wish to start a new thread in, say Feeding and Watering your Flock. At the top of that page somewhere, depending on whether you are on a pc or a mobile device and once you click on Start a New Thread, you can then ask a question in that forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom