Hi, I'm Alexandra!

Alexandra Runner

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got my first feather babies March of 2022, and my flock somehow keeps expanding! Chicken math strikes again - strike that - chicken math strikes always!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I started out with twelve, but my current count is forty.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Rhode Island Reds (nine adult, four teenagers, four babies who hatched two weeks ago), Silver laced Wyandottes (nine), Olive eggers (nine), and Easter eggers (one adult, and four babies, also hatched two weeks ago.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Fresh eggs and comic relief!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading (a lot of reading!),sewing, growing plants, herbology, and knitting. Crafting in general! Oh and cooking and baking. People always ask me whether I like cooking or baking better, but I like both equally!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I will totally eat mean roosters (and my current rooster is on the cull list once his son grows up; he's put one too many holes in me and my family.) When I started out, I had two nasties, Aragorn (because I'm a Lord of the Rings nerd) and Paganini (like the composer), and they both were eaten because they ganged up on me. That being said, I name all of them!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC from franticly googling whatever chicken-related crisis I was going through at the time; I've known about it for maybe a year now...? I knew I loved the idea of a forum where people can interact and ask questions and give answers, but I didn't realize it was free to join until I looked into it this morning. That being said, I am so glad to be here!

Back
Top Bottom