Hi from Tucson, AZ

EvaMcD

Chirping
Dec 11, 2019
Tucson, Arizona
Hello. New to BackYard Chickens! I live in Tucson, AZ, and I am new to raising chickens. I have 4 young chickens (Naked Neck, Rhode Island Red, Silver Laced Wyandotte and an Easter Egger) that I got as chicks in Sept 2019. I love that each of my chickens has a distinct personality. I did not think that I would take to them as well as I did, but I myself am an empty-nester so I guess these little chickens have given me something to care for now that my off-spring are on their own. I have a dog, she is a mixed breed and is very curious about the chickens. The chickens seem to be very attracted to the dog. I found BYC while I was searching the internet for information on raising chickens. I joined so that I could be part of the community, to learn more and to participate in discussions and ask questions. There are some very knowledgeable community members!! Attached a picture of my sweeties from a few weeks ago. Thank you! 20191103_160417.jpg

:welcome Your chicks are so cute! :love:love I WILL NOT INCUBATE! I WILL NOT INCUBATE! I WILL NOT INCUBATE! It really is easy to bond with them. I hope you find pleasure in your new hobby for many years to come!
I see you have a long screw in the box. It’s not especially common, but chickens do occasionally poke their eyes out. :oops: I think we all have a few hazards though.
Feel free to roam around, and find a few threads to get comfy in. We have baking and cooking threads, craft threads and joke threads. If you desire, we also have inspirational threads. Of course the music threads are very addictive.

:welcome Your chicks are so cute! :love:love I WILL NOT INCUBATE! I WILL NOT INCUBATE! I WILL NOT INCUBATE! It really is easy to bond with them. I hope you find pleasure in your new hobby for many years to come!
I see you have a long screw in the box. It’s not especially common, but chickens do occasionally poke their eyes out. :oops: I think we all have a few hazards though.
Feel free to roam around, and find a few threads to get comfy in. We have baking and cooking threads, craft threads and joke threads. If you desire, we also have inspirational threads. Of course the music threads are very addictive.
Yes, we DID have a long screw. The picture is a few weeks old now and we fixed that problem as well as some others with the coop. My honey bought the coop, sight-unseen, and had it delivered to the house. We are working as best as we can with it. Thanks for pointing that out! Advice is always appreciated! :D

Hello. New to BackYard Chickens! I live in Tucson, AZ, and I am new to raising chickens. I have 4 young chickens (Naked Neck, Rhode Island Red, Silver Laced Wyandotte and an Easter Egger) that I got as chicks in Sept 2019. I love that each of my chickens has a distinct personality. I did not think that I would take to them as well as I did, but I myself am an empty-nester so I guess these little chickens have given me something to care for now that my off-spring are on their own. I have a dog, she is a mixed breed and is very curious about the chickens. The chickens seem to be very attracted to the dog. I found BYC while I was searching the internet for information on raising chickens. I joined so that I could be part of the community, to learn more and to participate in discussions and ask questions. There are some very knowledgeable community members!! Attached a picture of my sweeties from a few weeks ago. Thank you!View attachment 1979732
:welcome They are soo cute!

Back
Top Bottom