Hey y’all!

Princess_Lay-a

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2024
:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? First time as an adult but i had them all throughout my childhood!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Sapphire Gems, Starlight green eggers and a Rhode Island Red

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Doing it with and for my family. Just one step we’re taking to become more self sufficient. It’s also been a great lesson in responsibility for my human children. 😅

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating, hanging out at the river, and pretty much anything outdoors.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a husband and two kids (ages 4 & 6), we are in the process of moving to a large piece of land and I have soo many plans. I was working as a nurse and about to graduate nursing school when I got diagnosed with cancer and had to drop out for treatment. Since then I’ve taught as a pre-k teacher but I had to leave that too for more treatment. I had major surgery in 2017 to have three of my ribs cut out for the bone cancer and titanium mesh reconstruction but it failed and the titanium broke to pieces. January 11th of this year I had another surgery to cut it all out, cut a little more of my ribs out and then cover with gortex. They cut my entire right back muscle and moved it over the front too. I’m still healing but hopefully this will give me some of my life back. My husband finally caved and got me my chickens and even built a beautiful coop. He’s calling them my rehabilitation. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_8324.jpeg
    IMG_8324.jpeg
    987.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8290.jpeg
    IMG_8290.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 4
We
:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? First time as an adult but i had them all throughout my childhood!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 9

(3) What breeds do you have? Sapphire Gems, Starlight green eggers and a Rhode Island Red

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Doing it with and for my family. Just one step we’re taking to become more self sufficient. It’s also been a great lesson in responsibility for my human children. 😅

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating, hanging out at the river, and pretty much anything outdoors.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a husband and two kids (ages 4 & 6), we are in the process of moving to a large piece of land and I have soo many plans. I was working as a nurse and about to graduate nursing school when I got diagnosed with cancer and had to drop out for treatment. Since then I’ve taught as a pre-k teacher but I had to leave that too for more treatment. I had major surgery in 2017 to have three of my ribs cut out for the bone cancer and titanium mesh reconstruction but it failed and the titanium broke to pieces. January 11th of this year I had another surgery to cut it all out, cut a little more of my ribs out and then cover with gortex. They cut my entire right back muscle and moved it over the front too. I’m still healing but hopefully this will give me some of my life back. My husband finally caved and got me my chickens and even built a beautiful coop. He’s calling them my rehabilitation. 😂
Welcome to the BYC Website. Pleased to meet you. Best regards.

Back
Top Bottom