Hey pumpkin peeps I need help!

flame thrower fire GIF

I've sprayed the oil on the egg clusters before to suffocate them and prevent them from hatching but I found it to be too labor-intensive. But then, I didn't have bees to think about.

For squash bugs, I don’t spray. I look for egg clusters and squish or rip off that part of the leaves to destroy the cluster. However, once hatched, they stay in a cluster snd cant fly yet, so I squish those. Big bugs I squish.

Yellow bowls/buckets with soapy water can help, but with bees, you may kill them too.

Mulch and dead leaves allow the squash bugs to hide out, so remove leaves/mulch.

For squash bugs, I don’t spray. I look for egg clusters and squish or rip off that part of the leaves to destroy the cluster. However, once hatched, they stay in a cluster snd cant fly yet, so I squish those. Big bugs I squish.

Yellow bowls/buckets with soapy water can help, but with bees, you may kill them too.

Mulch and dead leaves allow the squash bugs to hide out, so remove leaves/mulch.

Do you think I can snip the clusters out of the leaves?
It would leave a hole but no worse than the hail did.

Unfortunately there is a large area under the big tree that nothing will grow in. That whole area is mulched. It's a good 30' from this infested pumpkin.

Reading up on neem oil and bees....

Apparently it is far less of a danger to them if used early morning or late evening when flowers are not in bloom.
Home depot opens in an hour so early morning it will be.

Back
Top Bottom