Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Making a pot of soup beans. They've been cooking for a few hours and should be done soon. I'll put a vegetable with them, likely a side of a dressed cucumber slices just. DS demands meat or eggs with every meal, so he will enjoy a leftover piece of chicken breast that DW made last night.

I also have some turkey stock being on the stove. I butchered a frozen turkey a relative gave us because she doesn't eat turkey, and then I roasted the back, neck, some excess skin and organs before simmering them in water for a few hours to make stock. That will be cooled, poured into gallon ziploc bags and frozen for future soup and other dishes.

I had been looking for Fertrell nutri balancer. I bought some about 50 miles from my house. I got it home and realized it was 2 years old. I took it back and got my money back. (2 hours round trip)
I found another source (next closest place and they use a lot of it themselves so it was only about 2 weeks old) at a farm that sells organic grass fed, free range beef, lamb, pork and chicken. I spent about twice on meat (mostly organ meats) than what I spent on the $60 bag of Fertrell. But how often do you get a chance to acquire meat like that?
And this place is almost 60 miles away.
Do not like grass fed beef it has a funny smell if their not grained out the meat stinks..
I was raised on cattle ranch

Back
Top Bottom