HELP weak baby quail

Quailaholic131

Chirping
Nov 22, 2019
So i have just hatched some baby quail, 7 so far, all dried off and in the brooder, but the last that hatched looks very weak. I assume it should be a little bit weaker since its a few hours younger, but it has weak legs and cant stand up. Its not straddle leg. Hes very sleepy and the bigger quail trample him so i put him and 2 of the calmer less jumpy ones with him. He has little spurts of energy here and there but what concerns me is that he climbed into the water dish and seems even weaker. When i hold him up to the heatlamp he seems to get a bit better but idk what else to do for him.

He also shivers, and hes too young to drink water because i read u can give them warm water with a little sugar but he wont drink, just fall into the dish

Have you tried adding electrolytes to his water? Other than that I would just say close monitoring is your best bet. Make sure he's keeping warm and doesn't do anything silly again like fall into the water.

93 is slightly cool for newly hatched chicks but not sure if that's it. Are the other chicks all huddling up together or just wandering fine. That can be an indicator for if it's too cool. Also what type of quail are they?

Have you tried adding electrolytes to his water? Other than that I would just say close monitoring is your best bet. Make sure he's keeping warm and doesn't do anything silly again like fall into the water.
I did add some sugar to his water, but he wont drink it

93 is slightly cool for newly hatched chicks but not sure if that's it. Are the other chicks all huddling up together or just wandering fine. That can be an indicator for if it's too cool. Also what type of quail are they?
The others are kind of spread out and wandering, and its mostly 95, but it teeters up and down now and again

Back
Top Bottom