Layla_Chickens

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2024
I need help ASAP. I have this 1-2 year old silkie and she has been fine until now. This morning she was her usual active self, eating, drinking everything. I came back from school and I find her isolated and in position to lay, which isn't odd since she's a hen. But she stood up and pooped this goopy white diarrhea, and started walking really slow, which is highly unusual. I felt her crop and its full meaning she ate but She's acting so weird, what do I do? Do I separate her from the others and give her something special? I don't have a clue what to do.

I need help ASAP. I have this 1-2 year old silkie and she has been fine until now. This morning she was her usual active self, eating, drinking everything. I came back from school and I find her isolated and in position to lay, which isn't odd since she's a hen. But she stood up and pooped this goopy white diarrhea, and started walking really slow, which is highly unusual. I felt her crop and its full meaning she ate but She's acting so weird, what do I do? Do I separate her from the others and give her something special? I don't have a clue what to do.
she has fluffy feathers but on her right wing its a greenish color too, I have never seen something like this before

image.jpg

if your concerned whatever is going on with her could spread or already might have, separate her out asap. I don't know what she has, but quarantine and ask questions later!

Yes, separate her. A picture of her poop would be helpful for diagnosis.

Her looking like she needs to lay makes me think she could be egg bound. Even if she isn’t, it’s always helpful to check for any possible maladies.

Get some disposable gloves and unscented Vaseline or any other sort of unscented lubricant.
Hold her where you can best access her vent, and gently insert your (gloved and lubricated) finger straight back, don’t go at an angle, about two inches up her vent. If she’s egg bound you will feel an egg there.

Last edited:

UPDATE:

Sorry for the late update!!So it turns out she eat something bad. I had quarantined her and then the next few days I saw she had normal poop, like healthy normal chicken poop. She's doijg much better now, I cleaned all of their bowls of water and I'm keeping a close look on her health. She's okay and ready to keep living lol

UPDATE:

Sorry for the late update!!So it turns out she eat something bad. I had quarantined her and then the next few days I saw she had normal poop, like healthy normal chicken poop. She's doijg much better now, I cleaned all of their bowls of water and I'm keeping a close look on her health. She's okay and ready to keep living lol
That’s great to hear!

Back
Top Bottom