Help! My Chicken can't walk/stand

I have a question regarding this same topic. My hen is a 9 month old cream legbar. Could not walk very well yesterday. She was eating and drinking the day before and became so lethargic I had to syringe feed her with food and water last night. I got the above electrolyte water additive and after both of those, she seemed to perk up. This morning she seemed to have more energy and open her eyes some more.
I was recommended to start corid treatment and I’m wondering if that’s what I should do?
She was pretty limp, lethargic, no interest in any food. She is not egg bound. I felt inside her vent and could not feel anything (she’s never laid before either). When I went into her vent diarrhea came shooting out. She hasn’t gone poop for about 12 hours. I’m wondering what this could be and how I can treat her? I am super attached and very worried.

I have a question regarding this same topic. My hen is a 9 month old cream legbar. Could not walk very well yesterday. She was eating and drinking the day before and became so lethargic I had to syringe feed her with food and water last night. I got the above electrolyte water additive and after both of those, she seemed to perk up. This morning she seemed to have more energy and open her eyes some more.
I was recommended to start corid treatment and I’m wondering if that’s what I should do?
She was pretty limp, lethargic, no interest in any food. She is not egg bound. I felt inside her vent and could not feel anything (she’s never laid before either). When I went into her vent diarrhea came shooting out. She hasn’t gone poop for about 12 hours. I’m wondering what this could be and how I can treat her? I am super attached and very worried.
You may want to start a new thread of your own for more people to see it. Take pictures, give as many details as possible about what you have seen so far, and done. Corid would not her her if she would have coccidiosis. But there are many other things that could be wrong. How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy/soft? Check it again first thing in the morning before she eats or drinks to see if it is emptying overnight. Can you describe how she is walking or post a short video to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here or on your new thread? Post a new thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/post-thread

I have a chicken that was limping on right leg and now wI’ll not walk just sits with legs out but will eat will not drink and keeps fanning her tail .that has been going on for 2 bays and now another one is doing the samething. p help

Back
Top Bottom