Help me change the law in Live Oak, TX

I have been wanting chickens for 20 years now. If there's anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to let me know! Live Oak needs to allow us to have chickens with the price of eggs the way they are now!
I have lived in Windcrest, TX for the last 30 years and also would like to keep a few chickens. The city council here shot it down a few years ago. I just posted on NextDoor today to find out what others in town think about the idea now.

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to Live Oak, TX and found out today chickens are not allowed in city limits. I am wondering if anyone else lives here and if so would you join me in making a change to allow chickens? I am doing research now on how to make a new ordinance to consider along with creating a packet to serve why chickens are great to have. If anyone has experience in doing this, please let me know how to be successful. The next council meeting is coming up in my city which is where I plan to go to pitch my idea on making a change. It would help my cause if I'm not alone.

So far I have tried Nextdoor app and have not received any notice to my post yet. I am trying to reach out to many places to get others to join me and to acquire signatures.
I will sign a petition. Let me know where to go to do so. Thanks. Kathy Cochran 2103636036

Back
Top Bottom