Leaguinea

Songster
Jun 22, 2017
SW Ontario, Canada
I have a weasel that is killing my chickens and fowl, I have set a live trap but is there any other way to get rid of it?
Due to the setup of my farm, fencing is not an option. I am a little frightened of it as it is not shy in the least and will do the dirty deeds while I am in the barn. It has escape routes everywhere.
I put sardines in the trap but if someone has a better way I am total open for advice.

I have a weasel that is killing my chickens and fowl, I have set a live trap but is there any other way to get rid of it?
Due to the setup of my farm, fencing is not an option. I am a little frightened of it as it is not shy in the least and will do the dirty deeds while I am in the barn. It has escape routes everywhere.
I put sardines in the trap but if someone has a better way I am total open for advice.
I'd set out traps all over your farm. Make sure your coop is fully secured and that you close up your chickens at night. Dont stop setting your traps after you catch just one weasel for you're bound to have more run ins with these creatures. thats all the advice i can give you now..

~Edit

Raw chicken, Wet cat food, or chicken eggs are weasel's favorites... But since you little furry friend had developed a taste for chicken i'd go with the raw chicken...

Thanks for the advice, I really hate having the little destroyer running free about my property. It gives me the eeby-jeebies.
I will try the raw chicken and eggs, I don't have any cat food. Do I leave the eggs in the shell or break them into a dish?

Then would you re-site it? It would have to be very far away from your coop... Pr maybe ask anyone you know with a gun to do the deed or barrow it...
Yes, if I catch it I will have my brother come and do the deed, I would hate to relocate it somewhere else now that it has a taste for killing. It would just be a nuisance to someone else.

What? I can't imagine not owning a firearm. Don't y'all have bears?

I live in Canada! In order to have a firearm I would need to take a course and get a license, and give more money to the government:rolleyes:. My sister and brothers have their license but I have never had a need to use the gun.
No bears in the area that I live, mostly deer, coyote, and smaller predators like coon, possum, weasels, skunk etc. I have heard rumors of badger sighting but haven't seen any myself and am not sure if they actually are around here.

Back
Top Bottom