HELP! Guinea Keet Not Walking

mistymac

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2016
Central New Mexico
So this morning we walked out to find that Our Guinea hen (Who has been sitting on a clutch of eggs) had hatched her littles! Ten!

Upon examination of the nest, my son found one more little. We are not sure how long it was on the nest alone.

We attempted to re-introduce it to the group only to have dad peck it violently.

We've then rescued it and are trying to nurse it back to health. Only it can't stand. I noticed when they were re-introducing it to the group that it kept flopping and couldn't stand.

Advice?

I've given it a bit of vitamin water and have it under a lamp.

So this morning we walked out to find that Our Guinea hen (Who has been sitting on a clutch of eggs) had hatched her littles! Ten!

Upon examination of the nest, my son found one more little. We are not sure how long it was on the nest alone.

We attempted to re-introduce it to the group only to have dad peck it violently.

We've then rescued it and are trying to nurse it back to health. Only it can't stand. I noticed when they were re-introducing it to the group that it kept flopping and couldn't stand.

Advice?

I've given it a bit of vitamin water and have it under a lamp.
What do its legs look like? Is it just one leg or both that seem to be affected? Can you post some pictures so we can get a better idea of what your dealing with?
There are some common problems that keets/chicks can have. Here is a link of an article here on BYC of some of them and treatments to try:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/leg-foot-and-toe-issues-in-poultry-of-all-ages.68093/

Back
Top Bottom