HELP!!Faux Stained Glass on coop window

mcjessen

Songster
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
Coeur d Alene ID
I have no idea if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes...

I have a piece of plexi-glass that we'll be using for a window on our new chicken coop. My DH had the brilliant idea of painting a picture on it. I immediately envisioned a stained glass rooster pattern. How appropriate, right? So here's what I came up with for the pattern. It's from a quilt square.

83460_thumb-1300332533384-12_radical_roosters_005.jpg

What colors do you think I should paint it? I can not purchase all of the colors represented in the picture and will probably go with about five different colors. Black and yellow being two colors in the group. So that leaves three "body" colors. Keep in mind that I don't necessarily have to stick with three body colors but for $$$ purposes, I need to keep it simple. So all you crafty folks out there, lend me your ideas.

Instead of paint, make a reverse of the quilt block and sandwich them between two pieces of plexi for the door?

you can mix your paints to create other colors: I would pick a few sections I wanted in the out of the bottle color and paint them, then start mixing small amounts of the colors together, you can always add a few more drops to change the color. If you dont mix them well, you might get some interesting swirls of colors. Also, you can get stuff that changes the look of the paint, adds textures. If you did a couple sections in the straight color, then a few more of the straight color with texture added, then start mixing colors........you might end up with something really close to your quilt block.

Back
Top Bottom