HELP!! Do i need to assist this egg? will it make it??

goodmanfarm

Chirping
Mar 14, 2021
SE Maryland, USA
this egg has lost a lot of shell but not the membrane! it is not bleeding and we are not sure why. do we assist it? if so HOW? we have never done that.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 37
How long has it been zipped? If it's started bleeding the veins aren't all absorbed and he's not quite ready to hatch yet. But he looks very close.
that’s what i said! my dad tried to help it and tore a hole with tweezers but the hole began to bleed. we are leaving it alone now. i hope it is ok as the bleeding seems to have stopped. is there risk now from opening the incubator?

Did the chick do this to the shell on its own with no help?
the first picture i attached was with no help. after that another chick pecked at it and caused it to bleed and more shell to come off. then my dad used tweezers and punctured the membrane, which is the tiny dot of blood. other than that yes

update: it is the next morning. the egg has been zipped since yesterday, and i can see this is is breathing and moving inside. the membrane is broken now, and chick is trying really hard to get out, but is still in the egg. do you think it will make it out ok??:(

Back
Top Bottom