Help chicken looks Ill what is it?

Rob Monroe

Hatching
Dec 22, 2017
I have a Rhode Island Red just moved from another home when received she started gurgling and now has a eye completely looks shut it's all white she isn't eatting or drinking now has my other chicken with same symptoms I've read a few things but honestly I'm into hearing real answers not google from real situations please help!!! The first one seems to be moving around more just want to know so I can keep up with them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 5
Most likely the new girl may have brought in a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma (MG, CRD.) She may have become stressed with the move which can precipitate the symptoms, and she may have infected your other chicken within 2-4 days of arrival. Separate the two of them, and get some Tylan 50 injectable, a cattle medicine from the feed store. Give it orally in the chickens, 0.2 ml per pound, or about 1 ml for a 5 pound hen twice a day for 5 days. The disease may be permanent in your flock until these birds are gone. Make sure they are drinking well, and offer a small cup of water to their beaks frequently.

Hey sodry u facing tough time!

If she's gurgling and rattling or weezing with eyes shut then a clear case of "Coryza" Or "Respiratory Infection" Or Mycoplazma & that's contagious pls separate her and any other whose sick Is There any discharge from her eyes or nostrils? How she poop?

I look out the picture and her comb is pink so there is not a chance of worms .

Separate her from.flock give her warm quite place , with some ACV In water 1 Tablespoon In Half Ltr .
And try to give her some Chopped Raw Garlic.

Medication :-
I don't recommended medicine first we can try a natural route first if there's no improvement then
You can choose any antibiotic e.g Tylosin Or Tylan , Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Oxytetracycline In Water For Respiratory Infection , Mycoplazma , coyrza

Last edited:
I forgot to welcome you to BYC. Be sure and look into the closed eye under the eyelid to see if there are bubbles or any gunk, which can be another sign of mycoplasma. If there is a bad odor, and a swollen pussy eye, then you could be dealing with coryza, but so far, it sounds more like mycoplasma (MG.) Terramycin eye ointment can be good to use in the eye twice a day if crusty drainage or pus develops. Both Tylan 50 injectable and Terramycin eye ointment are available at many feed stores.

Back
Top Bottom