Help! CCL cross not getting on with bantams

Rock17

Songster
Feb 17, 2024
England
My flock is all bantams apart from a CCL cross we got Saturday. She seems sad and is flighty. Artemis is a Chinese silkie and persephone the CCL cross will walk up to her. Artemis is the only one the size of her in the flock. Artemis is also matriarch of my first group and she chases pesephone off. Should we get another run for pesephone and get her a friend from her original flock?

How did you introduce them? Did you just put them together or did you do look but no touch for a couple weeks first? The latter is usually what’s recommended. Also it’s usually recommended to introduce at least two together so one doesn’t get picked on and singled out. And how long have they been together? It can take time to be accepted even if you got her a friend.

How did you introduce them? Did you just put them together or did you do look but no touch for a couple weeks first? The latter is usually what’s recommended. Also it’s usually recommended to introduce at least two together so one doesn’t get picked on and singled out. And how long have they been together? It can take time to be accepted even if you got her a friend.
I put her and the others into the coop at night. The bantams have already been excepted but not her. If I should get her a friend and get her another run now is a convenient time

I put her and the others into the coop at night. The bantams have already been excepted but not her. If I should get her a friend and get her another run now is a convenient time
So the bantams are new too? Or were they already there? I would get another run and get her a friend and then reintroduce them slower

So the bantams are new too? Or were they already there? I would get another run and get her a friend and then reintroduce them slower
The bantams were also new. We can get her one of her own breed and a new run. We will get her one from the same flock thag she came from

Back
Top Bottom