Help bluebell has trouble walking

peafowl_Lover

Songster
Aug 22, 2023
Ireland
So I was out with my chickens and I noticed bluebell walking strange when she walks she wobbles and flaps her wings she's drinking water and eating I can't see anything on her foot but she does have scaly leg mite can that cause it? I'm really worried

You need to treat the scaly leg mites right away. Grab some vegetable oil out of the cupboard and put it in a container. Dip the bird's legs in it and even massage it in. You can also use pharmaceutical mineral oil (NOT THE STUFF FROM THE PAINT DEPARTMENT). Scaly leg mites can cause deformities and limping. Ivermectin also works. Make sure you're providing a dust bath for your chickens and put some food grade DE in it. You can also sprinkle First Saturday lime in the run and the coop to help get rid of mites in those areas. I am a chicken-keeper not a veterinarian. I hope your baby feels better quickly.

I have this special oil spray that I put on her legs, would lime for cattle barns be ok? She's much better today but if it happens again I'll know what to do.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom