HELP! Baby Turkey with Hurt Leg

mcrogers33

Hatching
Jun 11, 2023
I noticed one of my turkeys wasn’t getting around as well as the others yesterday. His leg is splayed and his toes are curled. Do I splint this?? If so, how? Or do I treat it like I would spraddle leg? I don’t know what to do! Any suggestions are helpful! Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 5
How old is the poult? Was his leg functioning normally prior to yesterday?
It’s only a few weeks old… maybe 3 or 4 weeks. As far as I know, its leg was fine, but i’m not sure. They’re actually my brother’s turkeys and I haven’t been around them much until he told me there was a hurt one.

I noticed one of my turkeys wasn’t getting around as well as the others yesterday. His leg is splayed and his toes are curled. Do I splint this?? If so, how? Or do I treat it like I would spraddle leg? I don’t know what to do! Any suggestions are helpful! Thank you!!
If you have dried prunes, cut a quarter small pieces and give her to pick it up. This will supply her with potassium what may ease this injury; also if you would have yarrow cream, apply the cream abundantly.
Yarrow healing cream recipe:
Pick midday in sunlight about 40 yarrow flower heads.
Cut small with a good sharp knife; warm up some lard or tallow to change into warm oil.
Soak the cut yarrow into: almost less oil that yarrow flower mass.
This way will be a concentrated cream.
Don't let to fry, just keep warm, stirring it for about 5 minutes.
Set aside for the next day, when you warm it up again stirring well, and drain trough a clean cotton cloth.
This cream kept in fridge will last for years. It heals so many injuries, also heals quickly hemorrhoids on humans.
Sorry for goofy English,
All the best for your little turkey:)

Back
Top Bottom