Hello

Hello, and welcome to BYC. Are the chicks from a feral flock?
I'm not sure what a feral flock is but maybe?😅 Their mom is still around along with a couple other hens and some roosters. My neighbour actually brought home a hen and rooster, I think he was going to try his hand at some type of poultry farm, but he up and moved away and left them behind, so they've been roaming the neighbourhood ever since. Anyway, the hen somehow found her way into our yard and laid/hatched her eggs there. She doesn't really stick around though, and that's how I became stepmom lol. I'm just trying to keep them alive long enough that they can grow and be self sufficient when they start mingling with the big chickens. I figure it's inevitable since they've taken over the neighbourhood. Some of the other hens had chicks elsewhere and they were following the moms for a while before they "disappeared" and that's after being chased by the roosters. My sister even says she saw the biggest rooster kick one of the babies, i guess when they were foraging. I don't want that to happen to these babies. I love animals and i'm already so attached to the sweeties.

Hello Everyone. I'm new here. I've recently seemed to have adopted 8 baby chicks! Thier mom is around but doesn't seem that interested in them so my sister and I have taken on the role until they can roam safely on their own. Looking forward to learning how to care for these babies.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom