Hello!

MaritaMamma

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2017
Hello! I'm new to chickens this spring, and I've been lurking here like crazy learning everything I can about how to take care of them. I started with four baby chicks, and I've made it to the ten week mark and so far so good! My babies are outside and thriving in their run, and have turned out friendly enough to let me pet them. Two are Buff Orpingtons, and two are probably Easter Eggers but were being sold as Ameraucanas. Their names are Goldie, Fluffy, Blackie, and Pretty Girl. Creative, I know. Pretty Girl seems to be the leader.

I'm also the mama to a beautiful dilute calico cat who loves to snuggle. She was quite jealous of how much attention the chicks got, but restrained her predatory instincts very politely - though boy was she happy when they moved outside!

This forum has been super helpful to me, so I'm excited if I can give back at all.

Welcome to BYC!
We are glad you joined.
This video will help you learn your way around this site:

Once you get settled in, feel free to share some pictures of your flock.
We love pictures here! ;)

Thanks! Here they are at seven weeks. (It's amazing how much they've grown since then. Their voices are starting to change, and it's hilarious.)
IMG_1880.JPG

That's Fluffy, Pretty Girl, Goldie, and Blackie. Goldie got attacked through the fence their second night outside, so she's got some blu-kote on her head.

Back
Top Bottom