Hello From Florida

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

Welcome to BYC! Helga is very pretty.
Thank you! I never knew how much I would love chickens until I got them. I had ducks before, and they're quite... ungovernable.

Hello, and welcome to BYC! You'll fit right in with your fellow birdbrains!
Helga is beautiful! What are the names of your other ladies?
Thank you!! she is the babe for sure. I have a mixed flock of hens: I have three buff orpingtons that I gave German names to, since they're "blonde" color- Helga, Heidi and Brunhilde (she's the biggest, like a coud!). I have one trouble-making Barred Rock named Jade, she's alpha. One Red Star names Pumpkin and she is very valuable- quiet, prolific large egg layer, gentle. One gold laced Wyandotte names Rose, named for the rose comb and rose gold. Then I have three partridge hens, one is named Diana because she hunts very well and she's quite the pretty princess. The other two are named Jasmine and Daisy, and they pretty much keep to themselves. Jasmine sometimes has very strong opinions.

Welcome to BYC!! Merry Christmas!
Here is a link to an active art thread if you’d like to share it there! :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-artists-out-there.1380620/

Thank you, I'll go check it out!!

Thank you!! she is the babe for sure. I have a mixed flock of hens: I have three buff orpingtons that I gave German names to, since they're "blonde" color- Helga, Heidi and Brunhilde (she's the biggest, like a coud!). I have one trouble-making Barred Rock named Jade, she's alpha. One Red Star names Pumpkin and she is very valuable- quiet, prolific large egg layer, gentle. One gold laced Wyandotte names Rose, named for the rose comb and rose gold. Then I have three partridge hens, one is named Diana because she hunts very well and she's quite the pretty princess. The other two are named Jasmine and Daisy, and they pretty much keep to themselves. Jasmine sometimes has very strong opinions.
I love how their names fit them so well! The best thing about having a small flock is that you can see how personable and unique each chicken is. Enjoy your flock, they sound simply wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom