Hello šŸ‘‹

Hippiefrog

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
Central Virginia
Hello all! I have used this site as a main source of info on anything chicken related, and have even posted a couple of times but, I haven't formally introduced myself here. Saw this handy template so I copied and pasted. Here's a little about me and my flock...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
-I'm relatively new to chickens. We got ours, in March. This is my first time owning them but I had been around them many times and have wanted them for years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
-We have 12 hens, 1 rooster, 2 week and a half old chicks and 6 fertilized eggs under a broody, that are set to hatch, early next week. Fingers crossed for a successful hatch.

(3) What breeds do you have?
-4 Easter Egger hens (i think one is considered an olive egger though), 4 Isa Brown hens, 1 Blue Plymouth Rock hen, 1 mystery hen that was supposed to be a Blue Rock, 2 Noir Marans(my two broodys), a Welsummer rooster, 2 barnyard mixed chicks...gender tbd. And stand by for more chicks, coming soon.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
-They're hilarious and quite entertaining! I never realized how much I'd enjoy having chickens. Eggs are a bonus for sure. They provide great fertilizer and bug control, in the garden. And did I mention how funny they are? Love these little raptors!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
-I love gardening and especially love growing super hot peppers! Pepper plant math is also very real for me. Lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family consists of myself, my two wonderful kids, my boyfriend and our dog. My occupation is whatever the family or animals need me to be,at the moment. Job titles vary.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
*Found the site throughout my journey of researching chickens, for about a year before joining. I finally joined when I realized how very helpful everyone here was. Thank you for letting me join. I look forward to "meeting" everyone.

Attachments

• 20201012_145720.jpg
    20201012_145720.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20201028_113808~2.jpg
    20201028_113808~2.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201021_111224.jpg
    20201021_111224.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20201020_170601.jpg
    20201020_170601.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hello all! I have used this site as a main source of info on anything chicken related, and have even posted a couple of times but, I haven't formally introduced myself here. Saw this handy template so I copied and pasted. Here's a little about me and my flock...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
-I'm relatively new to chickens. We got ours, in March. This is my first time owning them but I had been around them many times and have wanted them for years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
-We have 12 hens, 1 rooster, 2 week and a half old chicks and 6 fertilized eggs under a broody, that are set to hatch, early next week. Fingers crossed for a successful hatch.

(3) What breeds do you have?
-4 Easter Egger hens (i think one is considered an olive egger though), 4 Isa Brown hens, 1 Blue Plymouth Rock hen, 1 mystery hen that was supposed to be a Blue Rock, 2 Noir Marans(my two broodys), a Welsummer rooster, 2 barnyard mixed chicks...gender tbd. And stand by for more chicks, coming soon.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
-They're hilarious and quite entertaining! I never realized how much I'd enjoy having chickens. Eggs are a bonus for sure. They provide great fertilizer and bug control, in the garden. And did I mention how funny they are? Love these little raptors!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
-I love gardening and especially love growing super hot peppers! Pepper plant math is also very real for me. Lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family consists of myself, my wonderful boyfriend and our dog. My occupation is whatever the family or animals need me to be,at the moment. Job titles vary.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
*Found the site throughout my journey of researching chickens, for about a year before joining. I finally joined when I realized how very helpful everyone here was. Thank you for letting me join. I look forward to "meeting" everyone.
:welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom