Heat lamp good height?

Lhope

Hatching
Apr 30, 2024
So I’m moving my ducklings to my bathtub for somewhere bigger, however, we do not have a big enough extension cord to have the heat lamp at a good height (The outlets in the bathroom don’t work so we had to do one outside the bathroom and around the corner) two a two weeks old and one is one and half weeks old and they just need to be warm enough to get them till tomorrow when I am getting a longer one
84AF5ACD-D76D-486D-B4EA-79A4ACC30805.jpeg

Maybe a little lower if you can, not much but some it's a bit to far to keep them warm enough. The main reason is babies can't control their temp. (As you probably know) but if you can maybe just a few inches lower.

Maybe a little lower if you can, not much but some it's a bit to far to keep them warm enough. The main reason is babies can't control their temp. (As you probably know) but if you can maybe just a few inches lower.
Do you know of any other ways to keep them warm during the night? I literally cannot lower it any farther down

So I’m moving my ducklings to my bathtub for somewhere bigger, however, we do not have a big enough extension cord to have the heat lamp at a good height (The outlets in the bathroom don’t work so we had to do one outside the bathroom and around the corner) two a two weeks old and one is one and half weeks old and they just need to be warm enough to get them till tomorrow when I am getting a longer one
View attachment 3828902
I was actually able to close the door and I also added a space heater in there for a bit

Another thing that I do when I have to raise my heat lamp up higher are use a dining room chair that has places to attach the clamp up and down the sides of the back of the chair

Back
Top Bottom