Having trouble setting incubator to the correct heat level

Are you trying to set the temp with the 'bator empty? The reason I ask is when they are full of eggs they tend to hold temp more stable. Being just stryofoam they don't have any thermal mass to help regulate the heat, as soon as it reaches temp and the heater cuts off it cools fast so the temp will swing back and forth. Put some water in the 'bator in cups and that will simulate the eggs. Once the water gets up to temp it should steady out and you can set the temp you want from there. Hovabators are very sensitive to changes in room temp. to. We had one when we first started and every afternoon the temp was always off. It was driving me crazy until I finally realized that the room it was in was facing west and in the afternoon the sun would shine in and it warmed the room up causing the temp you swing in the bator.

I will do that im using a egg turner for the hb 1602
I want to hatch turkey eggs

its fluctuating between under 100 and about 140 lol

Driving me crazy so 24 turkey eggs is what i will be getting how much water ?

Its al for the 4h kids id rather order more eggs then i need just incase some do not hatch . i want them for their first group to have a good start since its been a while since lane county had 4h,.
at our Fair Id tell people Check out the 4h kids animals its fun the lady next to me was like we dont have any 4h kids animals here you know that ... YES I DO and they will all ask Questions so many did ask and i told them what happened and many fought for it to come back . YEAH i am not the only one who worked on this . many have many who believe our kids are our future

5 or 6 cups or a couple water bottles would work to. You are just simulating the eggs, once the water gets up to incubating temp it will help stabilize the temp and the swinging should stop. If not you may have a bad thermostat. You want your temp between 95.5 and 100F for turkey eggs, Ours runs closer to 100 so the poults usually hatch a day early.

The best Thermostat for the price I have found for $24.00 or less on EBAY this is for those who are building or repairing an Incubator it is a digital Thermostat with about 1 degree variance in temp.
AC 110~120V Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat F

There is some minor wiring that has to be done you also can use this for any type of a device ether a fridge or a heater it controls a fair wide range of temps.
This has worked for me for about 3 years now.
There are several different makes of this so makes sure to get the right on some are 12 volt and some are 220 volt and Fahrenheit and Celsius.
I have mine wired up to two light bulbs for the heat source.
I also found a multy settings timer for my home made egg turner I set for 8 turns in a 24hr period 7 days a week for as long as it is plugged in for less than $20.00 on ebay.
I am not trying to sell any thing to any body I just wanted to pass this on to help folks that don't have a lot of money to get what they want for the lowest price and best quality.

The best Thermostat for the price I have found for $24.00 or less on EBAY this is for those who are building or repairing an Incubator it is a digital Thermostat with about 1 degree variance in temp.

There is some minor wiring that has to be done you also can use this for any type of a device ether a fridge or a heater it controls a fair wide range of temps.
There are several different makes of this so makes sure to get the right on some are 12 volt and some are 220 volt and Fahrenheit and Celsius.
I also found a multy settings timer for my home made egg turner I set for 8 turns in a 24hr period 7 days a week for as long as it is plugged in for less than $20.00 on ebay.
I am not trying to sell any thing to any body I just wanted to pass this on to help folks that don't have a lot of money to get what they want for the lowest price and best quality.

Thanks for the great information. I spent days looking for something like this.

Back
Top Bottom