have no clue if this is a female or male or its breed

Mrspris2u2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Illinois

I was told this was a female when i bought it about it about 2 months ago she was about 6 weeks when i got her . it hasn't crowed at all just its as big as my other chickens which are about 5weeks older. also any ideas on its breed with the white legs it really have me wondering. thanks

Last edited:
well i hate to say it but i was hoping you's say it might be a female because we cant have rooster in city limits. If i lived in a more rual area it would of been fine. He is diffinity handsome. Shouldnt he has crowed at least or tried to mate by now?

There's no doubt that's a roo. Those greenish tinted curved tail feathers a very roosterish thing. Some roosters are shy about crowing lol. My slw rooster waited forever until he started crowing.

I don't know, at 14 weeks old, I would expect to be seeing saddle feathers and I don't see any. If it's an EE, it has the wrong comb and a straight comb'd roo would be so much bigger I would think. I'm holding out that it's a pullet...I've had pullets with those feathers in the tail....

I don't know, at 14 weeks old, I would expect to be seeing saddle feathers and I don't see any. If it's an EE, it has the wrong comb and a straight comb'd roo would be so much bigger I would think. I'm holding out that it's a pullet...I've had pullets with those feathers in the tail....

x2 wrong comb and wrong color legs for an EE even though it appears to have cheek tufts. I would also think at 14 weeks it would have a bigger comb and wattles if it was a roo.
idunno.gif

I think its an EE as well, it has no waddles, and has the beard, but the comb has me confused lol the tail makes it look like a cockerel but the lack of saddle feathers is odd if its a cockerel. I would almost bet its an EE cockerel, my first EE cockerel waited almost 5-6 months to crow, then my next 2 I hatched only waited 4-5 weeks lol

Back
Top Bottom