RaisingDucks2020

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
below is attached picture of a duck egg. My ladies have been laying on their eggs from day 1.. when can you see the veins in a egg?? Ive read online you should start to see them by at least day 4?? And movement by day 7?? But its been a while and I haven't seen anything to let me know its "alive" .. i did crack one open that was already cracked and it had blood in the yolk! But I candled it before cracking it and saw nothing.. if i candled it I should have saw veins right? Sense it had blood in it?

Attachments

• 20201002_130956.jpg
    20201002_130956.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 12
If its only day one you will not see any life signs until day 4 or 5. Don't crack any more eggs until those days, and post pictures of them candling then. If anymore eggs crack, then you can patch the crack with candle wax preferably, but you can use glue too. Jus try to use a minimal amount.

If its only day one you will not see any life signs until day 4 or 5. Don't crack any more eggs until those days, and post pictures of them candling then. If anymore eggs crack, then you can patch the crack with candle wax preferably, but you can use glue too. Jus try to use a minimal amount.
Shes been laying on all of these eggs for a good 3 weeks now and they all look like this egg, even the one i cracked that had a previous crack. Shes doing a excellent job on sitting on them but have seen no "life" yet

Shes been laying on all of these eggs for a good 3 weeks now and they all look like this egg, even the one i cracked that had a previous crack. Shes doing a excellent job on sitting on them but have seen no "life" yet
Ohh! DO you have a drake? If she has been sitting of that long then the eggs are infertile. It could be a coincidence, If you do have a drake, I wonder if its possible he is throwing duds? Can you post a picture of a normal egg that hasn't been sat on, cracked in a bowl. Try to get the least amount of glare as possible, and look for a spot like this. Take a picture of it if you see one and post it here. Then we can tell you if tis fertile or not.
1601664487065.png

Ohh! DO you have a drake? If she has been sitting of that long then the eggs are infertile. It could be a coincidence, If you do have a drake, I wonder if its possible he is throwing duds? Can you post a picture of a normal egg that hasn't been sat on, cracked in a bowl. Try to get the least amount of glare as possible, and look for a spot like this. Take a picture of it if you see one and post it here. Then we can tell you if tis fertile or not. View attachment 2357379
Here is a egg I collected today :) I do have 2 drakes.

Attachments

• 20201002_151408.jpg
    20201002_151408.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom