Hatching duck and chicken eggs

applebutter14

Songster
5 Years
Jun 8, 2014
Iowa
i was wondering: can i hatch my call duck eggs with chicken eggs? i know duck eggs take longer so was was thinking about starting them a few days earlier and adding my chicken eggs later on but i was worried if that would mess up the duck eggs.so im not sure what to do. this is my first time incubating.

does any body know?
hu.gif

Yes, you can incubate them together. Compensate for the longer incubation time for the duck eggs by adding the chicken eggs later (pay attention to breed of your ducks, most take 28 days but some go longer). Set the chicken eggs at the appropriate time, and everyone will hatch together on the same day.

Yes, you can incubate them together. Compensate for the longer incubation time for the duck eggs by adding the chicken eggs later (pay attention to breed of your ducks, most take 28 days but some go longer). Set the chicken eggs at the appropriate time, and everyone will hatch together on the same day.
thank you! This is my 1st time hatching so im a little nervous. if i can ill post pictures when they hatch!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom