Has there ever been in the history of pet keeping an indoor pet ostrich, emu, or rhea?

Pics

jsantos66666666

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2022
Has there ever been in the history of pet keeping an indoor pet ostrich, emu, or rhea? Has anybody attempted this not just with baby chicks of the larger birds, but larger adult birds as well? Please include photos and your indoor cage setup.

Last edited:
Has there ever been in the history of pet keeping an indoor pet ostrich, emu, or rhea? Has anybody attempted this not just with baby chicks of the larger birds, but larger adult birds as well? Please include photos and your indoor cage setup.
My friend had 4 Emus in a blocked of section of his house for a month and it was terrible. He had hurt his arm so he wasn’t able to finish building their barn till I was able to help him. It stunk to high heavens and overall is just a bad idea in my opinion.

WHY IS EVERYBODY IN THIS WHOLE FORUM ALWAYS AGAINST INDOOR PET BIRDS?!?!?!
A) because the birds you’re asking about are birds that are meant to be outside because they’re social animals needing interaction with their own kind to thrive.

B) because chickens, turkeys, emus and other fowl need to be able to spread out, have enough room to do normal activities such as dust bathing, scratching/digging, roosting, and vocalizing.

C) they smell.

These animals are not meant to be kept inside. Respectfully if you’re looking for an indoor bird I would recommend a finch or parakeet… something along those lines.

Can I return the question and ask why you are so dead set on keeping one of these types of animals indoors?

A) because the birds you’re asking about are birds that are meant to be outside because they’re social animals needing interaction with their own kind to thrive.

B) because chickens, turkeys, emus and other fowl need to be able to spread out, have enough room to do normal activities such as dust bathing, scratching/digging, roosting, and vocalizing.

C) they smell.

These animals are not meant to be kept inside. Respectfully if you’re looking for an indoor bird I would recommend a finch or parakeet… something along those lines.

Can I return the question and ask why you are so dead set on keeping one of these types of animals indoors?
Yeah, and nobody should be having a macaw as a pet too! Ban pet ownership of dogs and cats also.

Back
Top Bottom