Has anyone purchased from Cackle Hatchery?

CochinLover1

Songster
5 Years
Aug 17, 2015
Ohio
I was looking to purchase some chicks from Cackle Hatchery and I was wondering what they were like before I purchased any. What were the condition of the chicks and how did they look as adults? Any info is greatly wanted !

This will be my first year ordering chicks from cackle but they wont get here until march...i ordered the cackle hatchery surprise box. :)

jumpy.gif
I purchased from Cackle Hatchery 3 different Bantam breeds at 5 chicks each in the end of May. They sent me 7 of each kind, and you know they are so tiny. 1 was dead, and then 1 more died. All the rest grew up just great and I got 9 Hens, 10 Roosters. They were all of the breed quality you would expect to get and healthy. I ended up giving away all the roosters but 1. They are three years old now and are happy chickens. They like to visit a lot. They were a big comfort to me through my illness. They have adopted my husband because he cares for them now, and they love him. Some laid through all this winter. My bantams lay when they want to, but we get plenty of eggs. This last spring my husband wanted to let some of the broody hens to set and have 2 chicks each and they were good mothers and they had adopter
mothers too. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom