Hard boiled eggs with Dark Spots?? What Are they?

moms3cuties

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2014
Mesa Az
[/B]Has anyone seen hard boiled eggs with dark spots on the egg after the peeled the shell?

....take a peek at a few of my pics below from this morning! *Note: on my white leghorn, you'll see below and this is also happened on my Easter Egger too, more than once!

Here's a look at the opposite side of the egg!

.......when I open them up guess what I saw inside the dark holes/spots? Of COURSE! It was water!
Have any of you experienced this And thought it Was,,,, a Rotten Egg?? :sick
Had anyone experienced something else? :)

Are you shaking them up or something to break the yolk up like that?
I have never seen anything like that! I hope someone has an answer for you.

It looks like you boiled a spoiled egg. The yolk had separated and started to rot and mild was growing inside the shell. The shell was cracked and let water enter while boiling, that's why it has water bubbles in it.

I only found water in the dark spots nothing else and is happened to 2 of my hens eggs, which I collect daily due to the hot Arizona heat! They tasted fine. I only leave them out on the counter for less than 2 weeks after collecting them. Then I place in refrigerator. I boil cold eggs not room temp eggs or my shells d don't Paul very well! =)

Are you shaking them up or something to break the yolk up like that? 
I have never seen anything like that!  I hope someone has an answer for you.
I'm not shaking them up, but I might drop it in the boiling water by mistake. I'm usually very careful.

Good morning,
I am interested in the cause for the black spots that you found in the boiled eggs. Dis you find the reason? I had the same experience last week.

I wouldn't eat them - maybe it's from bacteria from the hen's egg laying machinery. Maybe the two girls have some sort of infection, that needs treatment.

Any chance the eggs are getting too cold in the refrigerator, like stuck too far into the back and freezing. I had something similar appear in a hardboiled egg once and it had something to do with freezing - it was a long time ago and I can't remember if the egg had froze in the fridge before I boiled it, or froze in the fridge after boiling (the fridge was dying and would alternate between freezing and no cold).

I wouldn't eat them  - maybe it's from bacteria  from the hen's egg  laying machinery.  Maybe the two girls have some sort of infection, that needs treatment.
....Actually Today both the birds are still healthy and fine And soon to be going into a molt and ate the eggs without any problems, I cut them into quarters before I did.

Any chance the eggs are getting too cold in the refrigerator, like stuck too far into the back and freezing.  I had something similar appear in a hardboiled egg once and it had something to do with freezing - it was a long time ago and I can't remember if the egg had froze in the fridge before I boiled it, or froze in the fridge after boiling (the fridge was dying and would alternate between freezing and no cold).
Yes it Is possible as my freezer does freeze towards the back, which it has done. Also your other thought may be the possibility That I dropped the egg in the boiling water accidentally and it got a crack that boiled into it some water Into the egg near the darker spots by the yolk. I did eat them and I had no ill effects whatsoever, Which had only been on the Counter for 2 weeks prior to going into the refrigerator. I thought it was an interesting question to ask others and see what they had experienced!

Back
Top Bottom