Hamster ball for Chickens

If you're just letting them kick it around as a run toy, they'd probably ignore it but it's probably fine, if you're putting them in the ball, why would you even do that? Seems dangerous and stressful for the bird with zero benefit. Hamster balls aren't even good for hamsters, they're even worse for chickens

Regarding the dogs, I'd set up cameras and/or take pictures any time they come in your yard and report them to animal control. Hopefully a visit from animal control and the possibility of fines will make them consider controlling their animals. A fence between the yards if you can afford it would also be wise. Also make sure your birds can't visit their yard either

I just want to let them out in my yard and am looking for options.
Understandable but this is not it. What kind of area are you working with? As usual, a photo might help.

My thoughts without knowing what you have to work with or really anything about your set-up would be electric netting. It is a little work to put up and take down but is very effective against dogs. Or a permanent fence.

I like that it's a ball Photoshopped around a chicken since apparently they couldn't find an actual bird willing to get into one.
It is a rather terrible photoshop, isn't it.
But there is a real product called Chicken Orb, out of AU.
Was introduced several years ago, I was rather intrigued by the concept.
They showed chickens actually in them, but they couldn't 'walk' very far, or at least never showed that happening.
They did the Shark Tank show, their presentation was terrible and all the investors hated the concept as inhumane.

Regarding the dogs, I'd set up cameras and/or take pictures any time they come in your yard and report them to animal control. Hopefully a visit from animal control and the possibility of fines will make them consider controlling their animals. A fence between the yards if you can afford it would also be wise. Also make sure your birds can't visit their yard either
I don't have a fence. Honestly never needed one till they moved in. I have 3 acres used tove in the country now not so much. I've called called animal control but they don't come out. And know they are damaging property too. This is the only time I've ever wanted an HOA. I'm just looking for a simple solution till I can fence more area for them.

I've called called animal control but they don't come out. And know they are damaging property too.
I don't think the orbs would protect against a dog attack, or any other predator. I think the orbs were designed to protect landscaping for chicken scratching, which might work if they could actually move freely with them.

This is the only time I've ever wanted an HOA
Be careful what you wish for ;)

Back
Top Bottom