Which Lady will be the first to start depositing the rent?

• Total voters

Scott_M

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2017
Rowlett, TX
These ladies were all hatched on March 8, 2017. I think they are getting ready to lay in the upcoming weeks, and thought it might be fun to take a poll.

These are the ladies together. They are all quite similar in size.
IMG_1263.JPG

Meet contestant number one! Buffy is a Buff Orpington who enjoys cuddles and meal worms. She's the largest of our girls, but is at the bottom of the pecking order, and hasn't yet exhibited "the squat".
IMG_1259.JPG

Contestant number two is a Gold Laced Wyandotte who rules the roost and is a total daddy's girl. She has been doing "the squat" for about two weeks. Meet Winnie!
IMG_1260.JPG

Contestant number three is our wild child. She is an Easter Egger who likes living life on her own terms and perching on shoulders. She's been doing "the squat" for about a week. Meet Libby!
IMG_1262.JPG

Now that you've met the ladies, time to answer the question. I'll announce the identity of our first layer once she reveals herself.

Last edited:
All of mine are about the same age within a week of yours. Not are squaring yet but one was singing the egg song the other day. I am hoping that within the next few weeks I'll see at least one egg out of the ten of them. Lol.

Well, that was a short-lived poll. We're 95% sure that Winnie left this for us this morning. She was a little reluctant to leave the run this morning and she's basically become a walking squat machine. We checked for the same behavior and the other two, and either were interested in anything but running away or getting cuddles.

IMG_1264.JPG

The plot thickens. I came home this evening and Winnie was camped out in the coop, panting heavily. I tried to call her out and she wouldn't budge. I had to physically move her. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she was sitting on an egg! So we got two eggs and a mystery today. Either Miss Winnie has layed twice in 24 hours, or Miss Buffy laid the first egg. I don't think it could be Libby. The EEs from Privett supposedly produce mint green eggs, and she has the green feet and green ears that usually come with green eggs. Thoughts?

IMG_1266.JPG

The plot thickens. I came home this evening and Winnie was camped out in the coop, panting heavily. I tried to call her out and she wouldn't budge. I had to physically move her. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she was sitting on an egg! So we got two eggs and a mystery today. Either Miss Winnie has layed twice in 24 hours, or Miss Buffy laid the first egg. I don't think it could be Libby. The EEs from Privett supposedly produce mint green eggs, and she has the green feet and green ears that usually come with green eggs. Thoughts?

View attachment 1088951
That's what I'm saying! Buffy was first ... she just ain't making some big production over it!

Back
Top Bottom