Ended Guess When BYC Will Hit 27 Million Messages!

Pics
Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

This contest is no longer accepting guesses.

Now we wait....for it to happen.

While we wait...I have an area designated to youngens. Well it now houses 17 baby birds (15 chicks and 2 poults). Yesterday I went out and found them outside their area and mingling with the big birds. Of course I freaked out, snagged all of them, and did a head count. I had 17/19. Both my wyandottes were missing. I looked everywhere but with feral cats around who knows. Anywho. Got em all in, fed, cleaned their waterer. I thought they got out by pushing the mesh stuff on the door of the coop/run. (You know the stuff that comes with those metal ones on Amazon?) I fixed it and made sure they couldn't push the small opening they found (brats).

Well fast forward to later, and they were out AGAIN! Got em all back in (no one else was missing), and I went around the entire outside, 2x! Plugged any and all gaps even if they were super teeny. They had pushed a small hole in the back corner too. 😒 Since when do baby chicks/poults turn into escape artists? Do I need to watch out for future jobs in B&E from them?

While we wait...I have an area designated to youngens. Well it now houses 17 baby birds (15 chicks and 2 poults). Yesterday I went out and found them outside their area and mingling with the big birds. Of course I freaked out, snagged all of them, and did a head count. I had 17/19. Both my wyandottes were missing. I looked everywhere but with feral cats around who knows. Anywho. Got em all in, fed, cleaned their waterer. I thought they got out by pushing the mesh stuff on the door of the coop/run. (You know the stuff that comes with those metal ones on Amazon?) I fixed it and made sure they couldn't push the small opening they found (brats).

Well fast forward to later, and they were out AGAIN! Got em all back in (no one else was missing), and I went around the entire outside, 2x! Plugged any and all gaps even if they were super teeny. They had pushed a small hole in the back corner too. 😒 Since when do baby chicks/poults turn into escape artists? Do I need to watch out for future jobs in B&E from them?
I'm glad you got them back in. Did you find the Wyandottes?

Back
Top Bottom