Granny's gone and done it again

Oh, and Grannyt about the Honey girl and her eggs. The first one hatched to day and she tried to kill it. Upsetting to sat the least. I'm watching for pips now and will remove them to the incubator. I got to it before she finished it off and we are keeping it warm on a heating pad now. I wonder if treating her to boiled eggs made her think the chick was a living boiled egg? When I candled there were several stages of development. This must have been her first egg of the clutch.
It can happen with first time mothers, especially if they haven't been broody raised themselves and have never seen a chick before. Seen, as in been able to see and be near another hen caring for chicks.

evening all. Well Cassie calved sometime since last Tues and I' guess last sunday judging by how well its getting around.

Another solid color. MAN my color percentages really suck. 2 trims (with a little white) bred together and 25% solid, 25% royal and 50% trim. So far one trim and 2 solids.

evening all. Well Cassie calved sometime since last Tues and I' guess last sunday judging by how well its getting around.

Another solid color. MAN my color percentages really suck. 2 trims (with a little white) bred together and 25% solid, 25% royal and 50% trim. So far one trim and 2 solids.
on the bright side I know for sure who the daddy is.

How are you feeling now? Any more chest pain?
It finally stopped around 3..ish.. The Nitro worked I guess, but boy, head rush like no other. It really has messed with my Vestibular problem. I can't walk straight. Hope I'm better tomorrow. And yesterday was so good. You just never know. I planted, watered, did house work. Hmm..now that I write it down, maybe I did too much.

Back
Top Bottom