Granny's gone and done it again

So apparently i have had covid for 2 days. I tested myself tonight and it was strongly positive. I knew i was ill, i just didn't know i had covid. If this is how you feel, i have had it before. Of course, my husband didn't believe i had it. Wait until i tell him off tomorrow!
Good night everyone.

What are your breeding goals?
The breed is supposed to be a meat and eggs dual purpose breed. Most breeders use them for show. I hardly do any showing. We process around 125 a year for meat for our own use. I specifically have this breed because I like their temperament and body shape.
Twelve years ago the good, egg laying trait of the breed had almost been lost, so I took it upon myself to bring that back. They are known to be good winter layers and then slack off a bit in the summer. Being a heritage breed we expect hens to be broody, having the ability to reproduce themselves and summer is a great time for raising chicks.
The accepted colors are Black Breasted Red, White and Black. These are colors accepted by the American Standard of Perfection, which is the standard we are supposed to breed to.
I am focussing on the Black and White varieties.
I have the rarest accepted colors and am on a mission to bring them back and have them in the show rooms again like they were thirty-forty years ago. I have them in bantam and standard size.

Cute when it's away from the buildings.
IMG_2293.JPG

and the city has found a new way to bend the residents over.

There is now a "hook up" fee for being connected to the sewer. Rate depends on the size water meter you have .
They're talking about an extra fee for those who have well or septic or both...
Yeah.. it’s a lot sometimes, but I love it.. I’m a bit of a workaholic 😅
I used to be ok with the workaholic life. But...ugh. It's hard to wear so many hats. Life was harder in a lot of ways when I was single, but it was also a lot easier.

Good morning all, our ac went out yesterday (doh). Hubs ordered a part off amazon that should hopefully fix it (no, he's not calling in the professionals).

Gotta do some gardening and a grocery shop this am...just trying to get that ambition.

They're talking about an extra fee for those who have well or septic or both...

I used to be ok with the workaholic life. But...ugh. It's hard to wear so many hats. Life was harder in a lot of ways when I was single, but it was also a lot easier.

Good morning all, our ac went out yesterday (doh). Hubs ordered a part off amazon that should hopefully fix it (no, he's not calling in the professionals).

Gotta do some gardening and a grocery shop this am...just trying to get that ambition.
I hope you get your air fixed quickly.

Back
Top Bottom