Granny's gone and done it again

Mardi Gras is March 5th and I have 100 beds ready to go. :highfive:
You know back in my younger days I had a boyfriend from Louisiana. (Me and my long distance beaus eh?). He actually forbade me from going to Mardi Gras when we were talking about it (he was up for a visit). I looked right at my sister and said ok. You don’t have to go. Sibling, shall we?

(Coles notes: don’t tell me I can’t do something lol. Though I still haven’t gone...)

You know back in my younger days I had a boyfriend from Louisiana. (Me and my long distance beaus eh?). He actually forbade me from going to Mardi Gras when we were talking about it (he was up for a visit). I looked right at my sister and said ok. You don’t have to go. Sibling, shall we?

(Coles notes: don’t tell me I can’t do something lol. Though I still haven’t gone...)

Why would he forbid you? That’s silly. We don’t encourage friends to go to New Orleans because it can be dangerous. But our big town has really nice parades and festivities like gumbo cook offs and children’s centers with crafts and color pages.

:D

Well, #2son is not a ham fan, so we don't eat it often. I sauteed leeks and scallions in butter, added a little garlic, then a box of chicken broth. Added salt and pepper, gold potatoes chopped fine and cooked those down, then smashed them to thicken the soup and added some larger cut potatoes (because we like our taters). When those got tender I added some 2%milk and let that heat through. Served with grated sharp cheddar and crunched crispy bacon on top. It was a hit! We will be eating this all winter. It's easier to make than scalloped potatoes.

Very cute. Is that a CKC spaniel?

Your cousin's jokes were pretty funny!

I've had it about that long too. Dull headache that doesn't want to go away. If I could sleep through the night, it would help.
You are around those kid germs too. Ugh. I remember those days. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Not much comfort there. Hope you sleep well.

Is that where everybody went?
The stupid soup took way longer than I thought. (Can't call it stupid since they all liked it.) Then I also cooked some chicken as a back up plan in case the soup flopped. Guess my boys are growing up, and they were really hungry too. Things taste better when you are hungry. And we got leftover chicken for tomorrow!

yep my sister's second one of those. Her name is Ruby.

Back
Top Bottom