Baba Whailen

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 1, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, I started my flock this year with 3 ayam cemani girls and a polish/cochin roo (a few months ago I inherited a Lavender Orphington from my neighbor who needed to down size)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have 4 full grown chickens and 10 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 full Ayam Cemani hens, 1 Lavender Orphington hen, 1 polish/cochin rooster.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching my birds hunt up bugs and strut around the yard. Basically having live animal television.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I've been working on getting a little garden started, I also sew, cook, and from time to time write.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Currently it's just my partner and I. We're hoping to save up enough money in the next couple of years to buy a larger house on at least 5 acres of land and start both a family and a little homestead. We're both currently working at the same non-profit, I work as a contract auditor for case notes and my partner is a case worker helping at risk youth get jobs, into college, and any other aid they might need. I make plushies on the side because they're cute and I have too much fabric. I have two cats currently, but have owned a lot in my life time, I have also owned dogs, mice, rats, snakes, parakeets, a cockatiel, fish, turtles, frogs, and a praying mantis.
I tend to be a “grandpa friend” and a lot of my friends call me “Baba” in reference to how I take care of them, so I do try to fix things. Just let me know if I'm being annoying or unhelpful about it!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I've read a lot of helpful articles on BYC over the last couple of years and I finally decided it would be a good community for me to reach out to. Hopefully I'll also be able to provide some help of my own.

:yesss: :welcome :yesss:
Miss Piggy Sue says, “Welcome to our eggcelent flock here at BYC!”

8B920451-97F0-4FCE-A716-B18691C2A5AA.jpeg

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom