Gosling advice

TeyluEmmy

In the Brooder
May 13, 2024
Hi, I’m new to the hatching side. We have had five absolutely fine hatched. They are out with their mums. One we helped is doing great very vocal. But I have concerns about this one. Pic will be added. But I’ve no idea what I’m looking at. It’s perked up since I’ve held it wrapped to keep warm. We helped it yesterday but as still attached to shell we left it attached but this morning they were no longer attached but left this. Please advise on what to do next. We are limited on resources at present so can do minimum. However this one deserves the right for a chance. My dog is beside himself wanting to mother it. He loves all animals that we bring in to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. We had the older geese as goslings so after this hatching stage.
IMG_6081.jpeg

How is the little one now?
Doing really well. And chirps away to Blue My City. So I named it Simon/e (not sure on sex) I’ll get a pic in a bit. But another has hatched now. Two more left in the box indoors but many in their house. I had to bring in cos it’s cold and windy out there. The older geese only seem to care for the five born over a week ago. They have just been leaving the newer ones. Two already passed away cos was left on own

Baby Simon (I don’t know the sex) but he has survived but very weak. Eating some chick crumb but his eyes are looking weird. They not black and shiny like the others. He always folds his neck over. Not sure if this pic shows what it’s like. But if you have any idea what I can do to help him please let me know
IMG_6144.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom